99. Mastering Public Relations With Ashley Biggers
Are you only dreaming of being interviewed by your favorite magazine, podcast host, or television star?
Well, it’s time to stop dreaming and instead take action toward making that dream a reality. My guest Ashley Biggers is THE go-to expert in how to get your brand in front of the media. The best part, she is dishing all her secrets in Episode 99 of the Feed U Podcast. For over 20 years Ashley as a professional journalist, Ashley has written 2,500 articles and interviewed around 12,500 sources.
SHUT THE FRONT DOOR! That’s a ton of people.
But, it gets better! The majority of them have been creative entrepreneurs and small business owners. Her byline has appeared on CNN, USA Today, Self, and many other top digital and print publications. This week she shares with you how to break down the barriers between your business and the media and how to get your story told so you can get in front of more people.
You don’t want to miss this amazing interview with Ashely, catch the entire chat here.
Here’s the low-down on what we covered in the episode:
1. What is your story? Choosing what to talk about and pitch to the media.
2. How to promote yourself and cheat around sales.
You’ve got to hear this one. Tune in here to get Ashley’s advice. It’s a game-changer.
3. What are the best media outlets for you to approach?
4. Understanding and using a press release to approach the press.
Ashley breaks down the best way to complete, understand and use a press release in the episode, check it out here. And the difference between a press release and pitch. And why reaching out on social media or calling the press is a NO-GO.
5. How to stand out in the pile of pitches so that you can get the attention.
6. Where should you start your media search? Who should you approach?
Ashley breaks down the power of a media kit and it isn’t what you might think. Listen in to get the scoop.
7. What’s the scope of getting featured in the press and how to prepare.
8. Why using public relations can be more valuable than social media.
9. The best practices for following up with your media contacts.
And even more!
Tune in to the entire episode to learn how to get started with promoting your business in the press.
Connect with Ashley and grab your free Pitch Kit Resource here:
That’s a wrap for this week. I would love to hear what you learned about public relations from this episode and what you’re going to put into action. Head on over to the Facebook group and let me know.
What did you learn from this episode?
Come and tell me in the Facebook Group. Not in the group yet? Consider this your official invitation to join the Small Business Builders Community in the Facebook Group. Small Business owners unite to feed each other with inspiration, information, experiences, and knowledge.
Listen to the entire episode here:
Love this episode? We would love a Review! Don’t forget to subscribe so you don’t miss any episodes!