53. The Power of an Internal Reboot
It’s not all woo woo this week as we reboot!
This week we are talking about tuning into your intuition and rebooting to gain your footing back in your business. Including reconnecting with your passion and your purpose. But, if you are scientifically minded, I’ve got some news for you as well. According to Leeds University researchers, after analyzing multiple studies, they found that “intuition is a very real process where the brain uses cues and past experiences to make split-second decisions that don’t even register on a conscious level.” What does that mean to business? We aren’t always consciously running the show. In fact 95% of the time we aren’t.
Which is why I dive into the power of rebooting
In Episode 53 of the Feed U Podcast, I walk you through the what, why and when of rebooting yourself so that you can reignite the entrepreneurial fire in your belly. I also give you four tips to help you reboot and even a quick mini-reboot pick me up for days when you can’t disappear for hours or days at a time. Included in that are some affirmations and their related body parts (more inside the episode on this).
Why and when to reboot?
- When you start to feel overwhelmed, unmotivated or listless.
- You feel consistent or new pain in your body. Heads up your body is talking to you and will listen when you talk back.
- You keep searching for answers, but don’t find any.
- Your emotions are highly charged (some funny stories here, tune in to listen.)
I also mention my shmancy new sunrise alarm clock. You can find it here.
Tips on rebooting
1. Find and make time to sit, listen, and be quiet.
- Quiet your mind
- Be gentle with yourself
- Embrace and recognize your thoughts and then let them go
- Use an app like Insight Timer to get you started
2. Start trusting your gut
- Start with small decisions.
- Evaluate what worked and didn’t. Repeat.
- Make bigger decisions.
3. Feel your emotions and talk/listen to your body.
- Ask your body why it has pain
- Ask why you are reacting the way you are
- Ask what you should be doing
- Let out your emotion
- Use EFT taught by Teri Karjala in Episode 5 (there’s even a free download)
- Download journal prompts (you can find free options on Pinterest)
- Don’t judge yourself
- Speak kindly to yourself
- Write until you feel done
- Resist the urge to attach meaning to anything you right
The quick reboot:
- Use tuning forks which you can learn about and purchase here.
- Take 2 minutes and do some deep breathing
- Listen to music that you enjoy that keeps you moving forward
- Dance it out for 5 minutes
- Clear and move your energy using sage, essential oils, candles, stones, or gems
Listen to the entire episode here:
Love this episode? We would love a Review! Don’t forget to subscribe so you don’t miss any episodes!