138. Staying Top Of Mind To Increase Small Business Sales
This morning I headed to the ATM to deposit some money after taking my middle twin to an orthodontist appointment. I pulled up and wouldn’t you know it, I could not for the life of me remember my pin number.
I’ve used that number a zillion times, yet there was a giant blank space in my head for what the number should be.
Does this happen to you too? (please say yes, I don’t want the only one who has a garbage disposal in my mind just munching away on pertinent information.)
The whole experience gave me empathy toward my clients. Almost everyone is UBER distracted right now.
Between the news, social media, phone distractions, and even email – everyone is struggling for focus and especially downtime.
This includes your audience.
Add to that distraction, a group of potential customers who may not even be ready to solve their problem aka buy from you – it’s no wonder your marketing is causing you headaches.
This week’s episode shares three proven ways for you to stay top of mind with your potential customers so that when they are ready to buy – they think of you and already trust you. Making the sales process seamless and easy. Dive into this week’s jam-packed episode here.
The most important part of getting traction from your marketing is having a marketing strategy. This is the exact reason I created the 5-Step Marketing Strategy Guide. Download your copy here to set up a plan for your marketing instead of wondering if something will work.
If you’ve been tuning into the 2nd Act Entrepreneur Show for a bit, you know I’m slightly obsessed with a recent sales study I came across which revealed that only 3 percent of people are actually ready to buy when they come across a brand (like yours).
Meaning 97% of people need more interaction and knowledge before making a purchasing decision.
But most entrepreneurs give up after only 1-2 contact points (including emails).
That means 97% of possible sales are being left on the table before they ever have the chance to get off the ground.
Let’s stop that stat – well stat!
Let’s dive into three proven ways to stay top of mind even in today’s busy world:
#1 – My personal favorite is email marketing.
But even with a powerful tool like email marketing, oftentimes things go askew. Here are some things to avoid like the plague.
- Avoid only emailing your list when you have something to sell
- Remember to pitch your offer. Sometimes people get so caught up in relationship building they never give someone a way to buy or work with them.
- Show up consistently so that people remember who you are and how you can help them.
- Avoid writing boring templated emails or plagiarizing someone else’s writing. They aren’t engaging, won’t get read and it’s just bad juju. For more details tune in to this week’s show.
#2 – Effectively use social media.
- First, and foremost – show up consistently on the right social platform. Lack of consistency will kill your vibe
- Figure out where your audience is hanging out. More details on this in the episode.
- Yes, you will have to do the work. You will have to create engaging content and no there is no magic marketing pill that will build your audience for you.
- Be sure that you are connecting the dots to move people off social media sooner than later because it’s critical to move people to purchase
#3 – Get in front of your people using the media
Figure out where your people go find information on solving their problem and show up there. Examples given in the episode include:
- Television Interviews
- Publication Articles
- Video Shows
- Speaking at events
That’s a wrap for this week. Don’t forget to grab the 5-Step Marketing Strategy Guide. This guide is your ally in easily creating a plan for your marketing. Helping you avoid frustration, manic posting on social and ultimately saves you time and money on marketing that doesn’t work.
Download your copy here and I just bet you will get your marketing plan set up this afternoon.
Until next week, be well, stay safe and take care!
Listen To The Podcast
Watch the Video
Love this episode? We would love a Review! Don’t forget to subscribe so you don’t miss any episodes!